Volunteer Education & Support
Several educational and social events are planned for volunteers throughout the year, and regular support meetings are held for client volunteers who are involved with hospice clients.
Special Hospice Volunteer Training is required to work directly with hospice clients as follows:
Hospice Volunteer Training (Level 1)
- Focuses mainly on care and companionship of palliative care clients – listening skills.
- Runs 2 full Saturdays, and 6 evenings or afternoons; usually held once a year.
Hospice Bereavement Training (Level 2)
- For those who have completed Level 1, and have some experience working with hospice clients.
- Stronger focus on understanding and care of the bereaved.
- Runs for 5 weeks; usually held once a year.
- For those who have completed previous hospice training and have an interest in co-facilitating hospice support groups.
- Runs for 6 sessions; scheduled as needed.
A special orientation for those interested in working on our emergency team.